- Sophie Rosset, LIMSI, CNRS
- Eneko Agirre, UPV/EHU
Program committee members
- Mark Cieliebak, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Olivier Galibert, LNE, France
- Sahar Ghannay, LIMSI, Univ. Paris Sud, France
- Arantxa Otegi, University of the Basque Country, Spain
- Anselmo Peñas, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Spain
- Camille Pradel, Synapse Développement
- Anne Vilnat, LIMSI, Univ. Paris Sud, France
Objectives and topics of interest
The topic of dialogue systems and chatbots has been gaining renewed interest in the recent years, particularly thanks to the recent development of deep neural networks. Nevertheless, most of the proposed approaches require a very large amounts of data, which is difficult to obtain when talking about dialogue. Proposing Methods that fill the data gap will allow data-driven dialogue systems trained in a specific domain and task to improve over time, and even learning in a cumulative way new domains or tasks is of great interest to fill the data gap. This direction of research is called lifelong learning or continuous learning. From another angle, another research paradigm that allows for continuous learning is to design systems are able to learn a new task or domain through interaction as a student with a teacher could do. The main objective of this workshop is to gather researchers interested in dialogue systems that interact with the users in order to learn about new domains or acquire new knowledge.
We invite submissions on all aspects of dialogue systems, lifelong and interactive learning.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Dialogue systems that improve over time
- Intelligent systems that use interaction to gather new information
- Specific techniques that can enable learning through interaction, such as online reinforcement learning, imitation learning, etc.
- Corpora for interactive learning with dialogue
- Demonstration of systems that learn through interaction
- Evaluation methodologies
- Z. Chen, and B. Liu. Lifelong Machine Learning (2nd Edition). Synthesis Lectures on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Morgan and Claypool Publishers. August 2018, 207p.
- E. Eaton and P. L. Ruvolo. 2013. ELLA: An efficient lifelong learning algorithm. In ICML 2013.
- Sahisnu Mazumder, Nianzu Ma, Bing Liu. Towards a Continuous Knowledge Learning Engine for Chatbots. arXiv:1802.06024 [cs.CL], 16 Feb. 2018.
- Jiwei Li, Alexander H. Miller, Sumit Chopra, Marc’Aurelio Ranzato, Jason Weston, Learning through Dialogue Interactions by Asking Questions, ICLR 2017.
- Jason E. Weston. Dialog-based language learning. NIPS 2016.
- Vincent Letard, Sophie Rosset, Gabriel Illouz. Incremental Learning From Scratch Using Analogical Reasoning. ICTAI 2016.